There is legal boilerplate below, which comes pre-built into the discussion.
However, superseding all this, here are the principles of this board:
- Be kind. We have a ton of essential work to do, and a spirit of goodwill is essential.
- Everything posted here belongs to the Almanac, which belongs to all of us. If you have something proprietary that you don’t want to see used in the work, please don’t post it.
- Everything on this discussion board should be considered confidential until the work is published. Please don’t post or share or re-use anything you find here.
We promise not to use your name or likeness in any way in public without your permission. We ask that you do the same for everyone else on this board.
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated May 31, 2013.